Click Here to:
Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 16 (12/19/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 15 (12/12/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 14 (12/6/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 13 (11/28/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 12 (11/21/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 11 (11/15/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 10 (11/7/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 9 (10/31/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 8 (10/23/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 7 (10/16/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 6 (10/11/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 5 (10/3/18) Targets Snaps and Scoring Week 4 2018 (9/29/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 4 (9/26/18) Targets Snaps and Scoring Week 3 2018 (9/22/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 3 (9/19/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 2 (9/12/18) Targets Snaps and Scoring Week 1 2018 (9/8/18) Jens season-long and DFS Cheat Sheet and Stats 2018 Week 1 (9/5/18) Post 2018 Draft ADP Fallers (5/9/18) Post 2018 Draft ADP Risers (5/7/18) Best Ball ADP Variance 3.26.18 (3/26/18) Never-too-Early ADP Observations My First Draft of 2018 (2/16/18) Super Bowl LII Prop Betting (2/1/18) TNF Prop Betting Lines and DFS Implications (12/7/17) Target Leaders to target at trade deadline (11/17/17) Shoot for Upside in the Dallas Backfield week 10 2017 (11/10/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 6 2017 (10/12/17) Afternoon Slate Pays and Fades DSF wk5 (10/8/17) Targets and Snaps Week 5 2017 (10/6/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 5 2017 (10/4/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 4 2017 (9/28/17) Jens DFS Journal 2017 week 3 (9/22/17) Targets and Snaps Week 3 2017 (9/21/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 3 2017 (9/19/17) Jens DFS Journal 2017 week 2 (9/15/17) Target and Snap Analysis Week 2 2017 (9/14/17) Applying STOMP Fantasy Football Draft Theory and Analyzing the Results (9/8/17) Targets and Snaps Week 1 2017 (9/8/17) Week 1 DraftKings Pricing: Value and Deficiency vs 2016 Average (8/25/17) 2017 Football Diehards Staff Draft Analysis (8/18/17) Daily Fantasy Tips and Strategies 2017 (8/17/17) A Pre-Draft Look at Late Round Sleepers (4/27/17) Early MFL10 Observations (3/15/17) There is No Offseason MFL10s are Opening this Week (2/21/17) Super Bowl LI Prop Bets (2/2/17) DFS Lineup Optimizer Video fanduel wk20 2016 (1/21/17) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 18 (1/7/17) Target and Snap Analysis Week 18 2016 (1/7/17)
Target and Snap Analysis Week 15 2016
By Jen Ryan
It is hard to fathom that next week is the final week of the fantasy football season, but here we are. Sure, daily fantasy will be there for you for the next few weeks, but your season-long window is about to close. At this point, if you are still fighting for a trophy, the stats I will present you today will still (hopefully) be useful. They apply to daily as well. Maybe you are already looking to the offseason and starting to evaluate players. The numbers are always here to help, whatever your needs may be. Remember, I can only give you a fraction of what I dig up, so make sure to click the links below and have fun exploring.
Targets (including 3 week data): http://www.footballdiehards.com/fantasyfootballtargets/fantasy-football-target-stats.cfm
Targets (including red zone data): http://www.footballdiehards.com/fantasy_football_target_stats.cfm
Here we go!
- Le’Veon Bell’s 51 PPR points are the most points scored by a non-quarterback since Week 4 when Julio Jones scored 48 PPR points.
- Those 51 points were 17 points more than the player with the second-highest PPR output last week…Bilal Powell. Matt Forte has yet to practice heading into Week 15, where the New York Jets will face the 25th-ranked Miami Dolphins’ run defense.
- Zach Ertz and Tyler Eifert led all tight ends in PPR scoring last week with 21 points. Their numbers paint an interesting picture:
Ertz has played in 11 games, whereas Eifert has played in seven. The Eagles matchup this weekend against the Ravens, who have allowed three touchdowns to tight ends this season. The Bengals matchup this weekend against the Steelers, who have allowed four touchdowns to tight ends this season.
- Four players have at least 130 targets this season:
o Evans is coming off of down game where he had a fantastic matchup and faces a Cowboys defense this week that has allowed their opponents to score a total of 25 points over their past two games.
o In nine career games against the Bengals, Brown averages 17.2 PPR points per game.
o Since the Giants’ Week 9 bye, Beckham has scored at least 20 PPR points in four of six games. In the two he did not reach 20, he scored six points…and 19 points.
o Fitzgerald’s five receiving touchdowns are low overall, but still lead the Cardinals in receiving touchdowns. He faces the Saints this weekend, who have allowed 11 touchdowns and an average of 175.4 yards per game to the position.
- David Johnson is still the only non-quarterback in fantasy football with more than 300 PPR points (331). His 17 points in Week 14 were the lowest he has scored since his season-low 16 points in Week 4. Johnson’s owners are the most spoiled owners in fantasy football.
- Odell Beckham’s 36 targets and 38% team target share over the past three week’s leads the league. He has scored 66 fantasy points over that same time span. He is the only player with at least 1/3 of the teams’ target share. This week, Beckham could draw Darius Slay in coverage but he’s been unstoppable over his past few games.
- Here is a look at the target distribution of the New England Patriots:
The player here I am looking at NOT named Julian Edelman is Chris Hogan. He is fourth on the team in target share, but he scores 2.85 fantasy points per opportunity and hits pay dirt on 10% of his targets. He is also on the field for 72% of the Patriots’ snaps. Only Julian Edelman (81%) and Martellus Bennett (77%) are on the field more.
- DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Marshall, and Allen Robinson are three of the biggest disappointments at wide receiver in fantasy football this season. Combined, they have 13 touchdowns, which is one less than the 14 touchdowns both Marshall and Robinson scored in 2015.
You have heard this before, but I will tell you again. Use our links above to dig around and find numbers that you can use to your advantage. Even if you are out of it in a few leagues, now is a great time to import all of our stats into a spreadsheet and start preparing for your 2017 research. You do know there is no offseason in fantasy football, right? Good luck this week!