The Facts: Following up on the ongoing story. ... Johnson's days with the Colts appeared to be numbered, but that doesn't mean he wants to call it quits on his NFL career. Speaking on Saturday, Johnson was adamant that he will be playing in the NFL in 2016. "I am playing, there's no question about that," Johnson told NFL Media. "I know I can still play this game...people read into the stories too much. I'm not discouraged about what happened this past season, I'm just waiting for an opportunity."
Diehards Line: Reports earlier this week indicate the Colts told Johnson he will not return. The Colts will save $5 million under the salary cap once they cut Johnson. Johnson, who established himself as one of the best receivers of his era during his 13 seasons with the Houston Texans, is hoping to find a new home in free agency that would allow him to walk away as a winner. "It's about winning a championship," Johnson said Saturday. "Somewhere I can help a team accomplish the ultimate goal. ..." We'll be watching to see if such a suitor emerges.