Click Here to:
TNF Prop Betting Lines and DFS Implications (12/7/17) Target Leaders to target at trade deadline (11/17/17) Shoot for Upside in the Dallas Backfield week 10 2017 (11/10/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 6 2017 (10/12/17) Afternoon Slate Pays and Fades DSF wk5 (10/8/17) Targets and Snaps Week 5 2017 (10/6/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 5 2017 (10/4/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 4 2017 (9/28/17) Jens DFS Journal 2017 week 3 (9/22/17) Targets and Snaps Week 3 2017 (9/21/17) Fantasy Points Allowed Week 3 2017 (9/19/17) Jens DFS Journal 2017 week 2 (9/15/17) Target and Snap Analysis Week 2 2017 (9/14/17) Applying STOMP Fantasy Football Draft Theory and Analyzing the Results (9/8/17) Targets and Snaps Week 1 2017 (9/8/17) Week 1 DraftKings Pricing: Value and Deficiency vs 2016 Average (8/25/17) 2017 Football Diehards Staff Draft Analysis (8/18/17) Daily Fantasy Tips and Strategies 2017 (8/17/17) A Pre-Draft Look at Late Round Sleepers (4/27/17) Early MFL10 Observations (3/15/17) There is No Offseason MFL10s are Opening this Week (2/21/17) Super Bowl LI Prop Bets (2/2/17) DFS Lineup Optimizer Video fanduel wk20 2016 (1/21/17) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 18 (1/7/17) Target and Snap Analysis Week 18 2016 (1/7/17) Target and Snap Analysis Week 17 2016 (12/30/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 15 (12/17/16) DFS Lineup Optimizer Video fanduel wk15 2016 (12/17/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 15 2016 (12/16/16) DFS Lineup Optimizer Video fanduel wk14 2016 (12/10/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 14 (12/9/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 14 2016 (12/9/16) DFS Lineup Optimizer Video fanduel wk13 2016 (12/3/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 13 (12/2/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 13 2016 (11/30/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 12 2016 (11/23/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 11 (11/19/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 11 (11/18/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 11 2016 (11/16/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 9 (11/5/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 9 (11/4/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 9 2016 (11/3/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 8 (10/28/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 8 (10/28/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 8 2016 (10/27/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 7 (10/21/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 7 (10/21/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 7 2016 (10/21/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 6 (10/16/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 6 2016 (10/14/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 5 2016 (10/7/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 5 (10/7/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 5 (10/7/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 4 (10/1/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 4 2016 (9/29/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 3 (9/24/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 3 (9/23/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 3 (9/21/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 2 (9/16/16) Whos Hot Whos Not 2016 Week 2 (9/16/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 2 (9/14/16) Jens DFS Journal 2016 week 1 (9/10/16) Whos Hot Whos Not Week 1 (9/10/16) Target and Snap Analysis Week 1 (9/7/16) Preseason DFS Week 3 (8/25/16) Preseason Week 2 Stock up Stock Down Buyer Beware (8/25/16) Preseason. week 2 DFS (8/19/16) Preseason Week 1 Stock Up, Stock Down, Buyer Beware (8/15/16) Weekend Preseason wk 1 DFS Picks (8/12/16) Preaseason DFS Week 1 (8/11/16) Flex League PPR Draft Recap (8/10/16) Diehards Staff Draft Analysis (8/1/16) MFL10 Draft Analysis A Football Diehard vs. The Wide Receiver Whisperer Rounds 1-5 (7/27/16) Using Snap And Target Data (7/15/16) Bilal Powell - Fantasy Football Player Profile (3/18/16) Player Profile: Michael Crabtree (2/26/16) Player Profile: Jerrick McKinnon (2/18/16)
Lisa Ann Mike Beacom JJ Buck Tod Burros Matthew Cherrin Isaac Cruz Gary Davenport Michael Dubner Matt Falkow Adam Hall Bob Harris Dave Hunter Emil R Kadlec Brad Kruse John Laub Justin Lonero Armando Marsal Alex McCarthy Jeremy Munter Travis Spieth Chad Stapley Bryan Steimetz Evan Tarracciano Carl Tempesta Michael Valverde Home About Contact
Fantasy Points Allowed Week 6 2017
By Jen Ryan
Fantasy Points Allowed: Week 6
The Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, and Seattle Seahawks are on a bye this week. Plan accordingly. As always, you will want to take a look at the match ups for the upcoming games to help with those tough roster decisions and daily lineup constructions.
Fantasy Points Allowed: https://www.footballdiehards.com/fantasy-points-allowed-by-defense.cfm
Our tool provides all of the stats relative to how well and poorly teams perform against each position. I’ll point out the top five friendliest defenses against each position as well as a few quick hits on some of the match ups.
• This is a tough week for Bilal Powell owners. He has yet to practice as of this publication. The Jets face the worst defense in terms of points per game allowed to running backs in their division rival New England Patriots. Matt Forte returned to practice this week, however Week 6’s waiver wire gem Elijah McGuire could be in for a huge day.
• Leonard Fournette is a must-start every week, you don’t need me to tell you that.
• Jay Gruden essentially said it would take a miracle for Rob Kelley to see the field this weekend. Samaje Perine is in line for an uptick in carries. Chris Thompson has solidified himself as a weekly must-start. Both have appeal this week and would make for an interesting stack in daily lineups.
• At least one of the Patriots running backs will score this week against the New York Jets. I have them ranked in this order: James White, Mike Gillislee, and Dion Lewis. This of course means that Rex Burkhead will have the best day of the bunch.
• Kareem Hunt could be the highest owned running back of the weekend. I am not fooled by Charcandrick West’s two catches for two touchdowns last week, but it is worth noting that Hunt has yet to crack 75% of the team’s snaps.
• Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick are in the same boat as Perine and Thompson. Both have standalone upside this week and would be a contrarian daily stack.
• Derrick Henry owners need to accept that, as long as DeMarco Murray has a pulse and suits up, he is merely a desperation play. He saw a season-low 19% of the Titans’ snaps last week.
• Todd Gurley is the second-highest overall scorer in fantasy football and will easily build upon his point total this weekend. With Kareem Hunt also finding himself in a great match up this week, Gurley likely doesn’t supplant him yet as the number one overall point leader.
• Marshawn Lynch’s 14 point Week 5 score is the highest of the season, but he is still on the sideline for more than 50% of the offensive snaps. The Los Angeles Chargers are allowing an average of 29 points per game to running backs, and Lynch is in a position to have his best game of the season this week.
• After back-to-back weeks with 12 carries or less, Jay Ajayi bounced back with 25 carries last week. Expect those bell cow numbers to carry into Week 6 against 17th-ranked Falcons’ rush defense.
• The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are allowing the most points per game (48) to receivers in the league. The Arizona Cardinals’ WR2 is a weekly mystery, but old reliable Larry Fitzgerald is a lock for a WR1 week.
• As the Caroline Panthers’ offense has heated up over the past two weeks, so has Devin Funchess. He is eating into Kelvin Benjamin’s production, but both have proven to be fantasy assets and that continues this week.
• T.Y. Hilton has developed a rapport with Jacoby Brissett reminiscent of his rapport with Andrew Luck. The Tennessee Titans have allowed a league-high nine touchdowns to receivers through five games.
• I won’t waste your time with Antonio Brown analysis, but I will say that I am playing JuJu Smith-Schuster over Martavis Bryant this week.
• The New England Patriots are a recurring theme this season as the defense to pick on. Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse both account for 19% of the Jets’ targets this season, but over the past three weeks Anderson is seeing a 20.2% target share compared to Kearse’ 19.7%.
• The Washington Redskins are ten point favorites over the San Francisco 49ers. That line feels egregious but it does not bode well for the receiving corps, who have performed subpar this season. I am fading Terrelle Pryor, Jamison Crowder, and Josh Doctson entirely this weekend.
• Death, taxes, and tight end against the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants. Ryan Griffin figures to be a high-owned tight end this weekend, but guessing which Denver Bronco tight end hits pay dirt requires a crystal ball.
• George Kittle broke out for 83 yards last weekend and finds himself in a matchup against the Redskins, who have allowed 18 points per game to the position, where his team are ten point underdogs. Brian Hoyer will have to throw it in this game and Kittle will be on the receiving end of some of those targets.
• I boarded the Austin-Seferian Jenkins train a few weeks ago and I am not getting off any time soon. Fire him up again this weekend against the New England Patriots. Tight ends average 17 points and a score per game against them
• Austin Hooper is another tight end in a fantastic match up this weekend, and with Julio Jones less than 100% I am moving him up my ranks even more.
• Delanie Walker and Evan Engram are both facing teams that are allowing 15 points per game to tight ends. Those 15 points are Walker’s ceiling and Engram’s floor in Week 6.
Our Fantasy Points Allowed tool tells you everything you need to know about what defenses have been up to this season. Touchdowns, yards, points per game, four week averages, and season long averages for each position are included. Use the tool as a tie breaker for tough decisions. Good luck this week, and as always feel free to reach out on Twitter @FFdeJENerate.