The Facts: Following up on the ongoing story. ... Two of the 22 women who filed lawsuits against Watson alleging sexual assault and inappropriate behavior came forward publicly during a news conference Tuesday. Ashley Solis, who lawyer Tony Buzbee said was the first massage therapist to file a lawsuit against Watson, spoke in the news conference. Lauren Baxley wrote a letter to Watson that was read by lawyer Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey. "I got into massage therapy to heal people," Solis said. "To heal their minds and bodies. To bring peace to their souls. Deshaun Watson has robbed me of that."
Diehards Line:Solis added: "He took that away from me, he tainted a profession in which I take enormous pride. ... I suffer from panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. I'm in counseling as a result of Deshaun Watson's actions. I hope he knows how much pain he's inflicted on me emotionally and physically. And I hope he knows how much pain he's inflicted on these other survivors." In her letter addressing Watson, Baxley wrote, "Every boundary from professional and therapeutic to sexual and degrading you crossed or attempted to cross." Baxley said she wrote the letter at the recommendation of her trauma therapist to "forgive myself for not speaking up sooner," and also "so that you can know without excuse or justification that you have deeply and irreversibly brought terror to me and others." Buzbee said in the news conference that Solis and at least one other of his clients have provided statements to the police. On Friday, the Houston Police Department said in a statement that it launched an investigation of Watson after a complainant filed a report. Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said in a statement later on Friday that he and Watson will "fully cooperate with the Houston Police Department." The NFL did not comment on the start of that investigation, but NFL vice president of communications Brian McCarthy did issue a comment on Tuesday. “The allegations are deeply disturbing and we take these issues very seriously,” McCarthy said in a statement to Profootballtalk.com. “Immediately following news of the first allegations last month, and as has been reported, we initiated an investigation under the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy. We are continuing to closely monitor all developments in the matter. ...” Stay tuned.