Click Here to:
Quick hits week 3 2017 (9/19/17) Quick hits week 2 2017 (9/14/17) Quick hits pre-season week 1 2017 (8/14/17) Fantasy Football Rookies to Watch 2017 (8/1/17) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 17 (12/28/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 15 (12/15/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 14 (12/9/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 13 (11/29/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 10 (11/9/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 9 (10/31/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 8 (10/25/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 7 (10/20/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 5 (10/13/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 3 (9/27/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 2 (9/21/16) Fantasy Thoughts 2016 Week 1 (9/15/16) Fantasy Thoughts Preseason Week 3 (8/31/16) Fantasy Thoughts Rookie Watch (8/16/16) Rookie RBs Rankings (7/21/16) Rankings: Rookie WRs Fantasy Football (7/11/16) Rookies to Watch Late Round Picks and UDFA (5/12/16) NFl Draft Winners and Losers from Round 1 (5/2/16) NFL Draft Darkhorses (4/26/16) 2016 Mock Draft (4/19/16) fantasy football way too early rankings 2016 part 2 (4/4/16) fantasy football way too early rankings 2016 (4/4/16) Best NFL Free Agency Moves (3/22/16) Drafting The Perfect Player to Each Team in the Top 10 (2/29/16) Young Players to Watch (2/18/16)
Lisa Ann Mike Beacom JJ Buck Tod Burros Matthew Cherrin Isaac Cruz Gary Davenport Michael Dubner Matt Falkow Adam Hall Bob Harris Dave Hunter Emil R Kadlec Brad Kruse John Laub Justin Lonero Armando Marsal Alex McCarthy Jeremy Munter Jen Ryan Travis Spieth Bryan Steimetz Evan Tarracciano Carl Tempesta Michael Valverde Home About Contact
2015 NFL Mock Draft R1
By Chad Stapley
2015 Mock NFL Draft
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston - QB (Florida State) The Bucs need a new QB worse than any team in the NFL. They need someone who is ready to play now and lead them to wins. Winston provides just that as he is the best QB in the draft.
- Tennessee Titans: Marcus Mariota - QB (Oregon) Everyone within the Titans organization have said they are behind Mettenberger for their starting QB but how could you pass up a talent like Mariota?
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Dante Fowler- DE/LB (Florida) The Jags need offensive line help more than they need a DE/OLB but there is not an offensive linemen worth this pick and Fowler is going to be a dangerous player in this league.
- Oakland Raiders: Leonard Williams - DE/DT (USC) If Williams somehow falls to the Raiders then they will jump all over him. Williams is a beast and will pair nicely with last year’s defensive 1st round draft pick, Khalil Mack.
- Washington Redskins: Vic Beasley - OLB/DE (Clemson) Washington needs a pass rusher in the worst way especially with Orakpo leaving in FA. They have a few guys to choose from but Beasley is easily the most talented and athletic of the guys left.
- New York Jets: Shane Ray – OLB/DE (Missouri) The Jets addressed their need for DB’s via FA so they can add to their need of pass rushers. Ray fits nicely with the pieces they already have on defense and they need all the help they can get.
- Chicago Bears: Kevin White – (West Virginia) The Bears need help all over the offensive side of the ball especially at QB. At this point in the draft they take another need at WR with White being the best player available. They will need to add a QB in the later rounds.
- Atlanta Falcons: Randy Gregory – DE (Nebraska) The Falcons need to upgrade their pass rush even with the recent FA acquisitions. Gregory could have gone higher had he not tested positive for marijuana at the combine.
- New York Giants: Brandon Scherff – OT/G (Iowa) New York needs to address their awful offensive line and Scherff is a good way to start. He is an old school Iowa lineman, meaning he is tough as nails and doesn’t mind doing the dirty work.
- St. Louis Rams: Amari Cooper – WR (Alabama) The Rams have good depth at WR but they don’t have a true #1 WR. Cooper put up outstanding numbers in his time at Alabama and he would pair nicely with the newly acquired Nick Foles.
- Minnesota Vikings: Trae Waynes – DB (Michigan St.) The Vikings need help in the secondary even after taking a DB in the 1st round last year. Waynes is by far the best DB in the draft and would give the Vikings their defensive backs for the foreseeable future.
- Cleveland Browns: Danny Shelton - DT (Washington) The Browns were one of the worst teams against the run last year. Shelton has been a stud at stopping the run amongst other things his entire career playing for the Huskies.
- New Orleans Saints: Arik Armstead – DE (Oregon) This may be a little higher than Armstead is mocked in most drafts but the Saints need help on defense in everyway and Armstead fits their scheme. Pairing him with Cameron Jordan could form a dangerous front for the Saints.
- Miami Dolphins: DeVante Parker – WR (Louisville) The Dolphins need WR help since they traded Mike Wallace away and let Brian Hartline walk. Parker is a polished WR with great ball skills.
- San Francisco 49ers: Breshad Perriman – WR (Central Florida) The 49ers need CB help more than WR help and they also need help on the offensive line. At this point the best OL & CB are gone so why not take a flyer on a speedster with exceptional hands and body control?
- Houston Texans: Dorial Green-Beckham – WR (Oklahoma) The Texans can go a number of routes here with needs at RB and on defense but with the run of WR the Texans grab the best available WR in Beckham. This could be the dark horse of a very talented draft class at WR.
- San Diego Chargers: Todd Gurley – RB (Georgia) Getting Gurley here is a steal as he could have gone much higher had he not hurt his knee this past season. It fits a huge need for the Chargers and he could be their RB of the future.
- Kansas City Chiefs: La’El Collins – OT (LSU) The Chiefs not only allowed more sacks than just 6 teams but they also did not complete a TD pass to a WR last season. They need all the help on the offensive line they can get and they grab the best available player.
- Cleveland Browns: Ereck Flowers – OT (Miami) The Browns need to fix their offensive line so they can give their QBs some time to throw and their RB lanes to run. Insert Flowers who can help in both aspects of the offensive game plan.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Landon Collins – S (Alabama) The Eagles could not stop the pass to save their life last season. They picked up some nice CB additions in FA and now they get the best safety in this draft class to pair with Malcolm Jenkins.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Malcom Brown – DT (Texas) The Bengals need help at WR and on the O-Line but with Brown being available here they shore up their DT spot for the foreseeable future. Brown has future All-Pro written all over him.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Bud Dupree – DE/OLB (Kentucky) The Steelers need to add some help at S and CB but with Dupree being available here they add a nice piece to help with their pass rush.
- Detroit Lions: Melvin Gordon – RB (Wisconsin) When they let Reggie Bush go this offseason the RB position became one of need. Gordon is an every down RB who is already used to playing in the cold playing college ball in Wisconsin.
- Arizona Cardinals: Erik Kendricks – ILB (UCLA) The Cardinals need to address the LB position on what is already a dangerous defensive unit. Kendricks is one of the most athletic LBs in the draft and he has sideline to sideline type talent. He would be a perfect fit for the Cardinals.
- Carolina Panthers: Jaelen Strong – WR (Arizona State) It is not mystery that the Panthers need WR help in the worst way. Cam Newton has only one reliable target in Kelvin Benjamin. Strong could be a dangerous weapon for Newton.
- Baltimore Ravens: Kevin Johnson – CB (Wake Forest) Johnson has seen his draft stock rise quite nicely leading up to the draft. The Ravens need help at corner and Johnson is a safe pick that could be a future star with his range.
- Dallas Cowboys: Eddie Goldman – DT (Florida State) The Cowboys added some nice pieces to the pass rush in FA. Goldman would be a nice player to add to the D-Line which could be one of the better units in the NFL next season.
- Denver Broncos: DJ Humphries – OT (Florida) Peyton Manning needs some help on the offensive line and the running game could use a lift as well. Humphries fits nicely as he has a lot of future pro potential.
- Indianapolis Colts: Eli Harold – OLB (Virginia) The Colts could go offensive line here as there is a few guys worthy of this spot. Harold addresses their need of a pass rusher and he is a big athletic guy that could come in and play right away.
- Green Bay Packers: Marcus Peters – CB (Washington) The Packers could use some help in the secondary as they lost a few players via FA. Peters probably could have gone much higher had he not gotten kicked off the team.
- New Orleans Saints: Byron Jones – DB (Connecticut) Jones has seen his draft stock rise more than any person in this draft. Jones has all the tools to compete in the NFL and at this point he could be a great addition to that border line awful Saints defense.
- New England Patriots: Jalen Collins – DB (LSU) The Patriots not only need help in secondary but they also need to add a DT since they lost both Vince Wilfork and Darrelle Revis via FA. Collins has the talent to come in and play right away and he is use to playing big time football playing in the SEC.